Our skin is an organ, which means it’s very much alive and has a lot of important jobs to keep the body healthy. Unfortunately, our skin wears down and loses its youthful glow as we age. The surface cell energy declines, the elasticity diminishes and so on. With years of abuse, the signs of skin aging become visible sooner than what you expected.
If you noticed any of these signs, start anti-aging skin care routine,give nourishment and pampering to your skin. It takes time to put the glow back in aging skin so you need to start and do something about it as soon as possible while you still can.
- Skin becomes thin, dry and flaky
- Dull skin and uneven skin tone
- Appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Age spots, dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Large pores
- Sagging skin
Make Your Skin Look Glowing and Ageless in 3 Steps
There’s no fountain of youth that can stop aging. However, you can slow your skin’s aging process by helping your skin keep more moisture at the surface level, speed up surface skin turn over and keep it firm and elastic. How? Read on the below anti-aging skin care tips:
To revive aging skin, apply a moisturizer that contains humectants, such as glycerin and hyaluronic acid. Humectants give an immediate plumping effect by helping skin retain water. Another secret is to keep a bedside humidifier as little moisture in the air while you’re sleeping can make a big difference to your skin.
2. Exfoliate – flaky, dry and dead skin cells sit on the surface of the skin, making it look dull. Exfoliation speeds up cell renewal, enabling new healthy skin cells to grow faster. It removes old, dead skin cells and reveals softer and suppler skin.
Moreover, exfoliation also unclogs the pores, which helps moisturizer and other skin care products penetrate easily and further into the skin. Just avoid abrasive scrubs that can irritate the skin. Instead, look for powerful but gentle exfoliating serum made of natural ingredients.
Solvaderm’s Glowpeel is one of the best brands out there as it is made of naturally-derived alpha-hydroxy acids that exfoliate gently, smooth away rough patches and brighten skin blemishes.
3. Hydrate – According to the Skin Research and Technology Journal, younger skin appears radiant because well-hydrated, smooth and plump skin has a better surface reflectivity, meaning it reflects light more evenly and makes skin dewy.
Hydrate from the inside by drinking plenty of water. Hydrate from the outside by massaging some hydrating facial moisturizer with SPF30 (or higher SPF protection) like Dermaxsol after you shower. Also, avoid taking long steamy, hot bath and shower as hot water strips oil from your skin.