You’ve always been told – you can’t shrink your pores – physically. “Pore size is genetically determined,” says New York-based dermatologist Debra Jaliman. Which means, giving your face an icy cold wake up call every day or pampering it with a DIY egg white face mask won’t probably give the results you want. The good news is though you have to accept what you were given, you can still do something about minimizing the appearance of your pores. After all, we bet you would do everything you can to make your skin look as smooth as possible – as if your skin were stunningly pore less!
What’s great about your pore-minimizing beauty goal is it gives you three astounding benefits. A skin that is acne-free, smooth and younger-looking. But before heading straight to know-hows, first, let’s identify the common factors that can affect pore size. Here are the top culprits on our list:
- Dead Skin Cells, Trapped Dirt And Oil – In other words, get rid of those nasty, acne-causing skin impurities that can clog and stretch out your pores, making them look enormous!
- UV Rays – It weakens the collagen, a protein that gives skin strength, supports the pores and makes them tighter. Collagen also helps diminish fine lines and wrinkles. Collagen loss can increase the appearance of pore size.
- Squeezing Your Zit – It will not only spread bacteria to other parts of the skin, but can also enlarge the pores permanently, particularly when squeezing or pricking your zits caused trauma to the skin.
Top Tips to Reduce the Appearance of Pores and Look Younger
1. Make Your Pores Clear
Washing your skin with a gentle cleanser and sloughing off dead skin cells, dirt, grime, oil and bacteria accumulated in the pores with an exfoliating cream containing retinol, fruit enzymes and/or alpha hydroxyl acids will keep pores clear and small.
2. Stick With Noncomedogenic Products
Opt for moisturizers and makeup that is noncomedogenic, which means these products are specifically formulated not to clog pores. Avoid products that contain heavy, pore-clogging ingredients, such as mineral oil and petrolatum.
3. Pamper Your Skin With a Hydrating And Anti-Aging Serum
Many anti aging serums can help keep skin plump, moisturized, firm and smooth. Some of the ingredients to look for in a serum are:
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide – has the ability to strengthen and increase skin’s elasticity.
- Squalane – helps makes skin smooth, soft and hydrated.
- Hyaluronic Acid – has a plumping effect, making the skin appear smoother and more even.
- Jojoba Seed Oil – known as the most hydrating oils for hair and skin, jojoba oil is also a natural “anti-ager” and skin-healer. It can soothe fine lines and wrinkles as it is packed with antioxidants that can naturally reverse the signs of skin aging. It is also noncomedogenic so it prevents breakouts and helps keep the pores clear.
When you’re looking for a good serum that can safely fight the signs of skin aging and reduce the appearance of pores, its always best to go with products that use naturally-derived ingredients, yet provides professional strength.