As you get older, your skin’s elasticity decreases and this results in different signs of aging. We all know about notorious wrinkles and pesky fine lines that develop on certain parts of the face. This is why anti-aging formulations have become a staple in the skin care regimens of individuals in their 30s or even younger.
The big problem is that many people do not give much attention to their neck and the upper chest area – this can eventually lead to a huge disaster in the form of turkey neck and severe wrinkles.
What Causes Wrinkles in the Neck Area?
Aging of the skin in your neck causes the loss of elasticity because collagen, elastin and other vital skin structures get weaker – the reason age lines and wrinkles develop in different areas. As for saggy neck skin, there are muscles in your neck that shorten and weaken with aging. Therefore, the attachments around the muscle are actually what become loose.
The good news is that there are effective treatments available to address this common yet major skin aging problem.
How to Tighten Neck Skin Without Surgery?
1. Surgery And Other Procedures
If you want fast and significant results, surgery may be the answer. A guaranteed way to lessen saggy skin in your neck is through a neck lift. However, this option is not for everyone; it is very expensive and there are many possible complications (you can even end up disfigured from the procedure). Laser therapy can also be helpful if you want to diminish aging signs in your neck; it works by stimulating collagen production.
2. Exercises And Massages
Although there is no clinical evidence behind these methods, many people swear by the effectiveness of special massages and neck exercises. These massages usually involve the use of moisturizing formulations to promote the suppleness and softness of the skin. There are various neck strengthening exercises but you should take note that some may be dangerous, especially if you have problems with your spine. Both these methods usually include the application of anti-aging formulations that stimulate collagen production and deliver other benefits to fight aging.
3. Topical Formulations
Arguably, the most popular treatment for saggy skin and wrinkles on neck is the use of over-the-counter anti-aging products. Beware though, many of them are not proven to be effective so you need to research a product carefully before spending your hard-earned money. If you’re in the market for such a product, these are the active ingredients you should be looking for:
- Hexapeptide-10. This is a powerful dermo epidermal junction restructuring agent so it addresses the major cause of saggy skin. It stimulates the synthesis of the skin’s crucial building blocks for smooth and elastic skin.
- Acetyl dipeptide-13. A potent peptide that has been shown to boost collagen levels, this ingredient works by stimulating the synthesis of type-1 collagen. It also helps protect elastin fibers from damage, which slows down the skin aging process considerably.
- Moisturizers. Look for the most effective moisturizing ingredients, which are hyaluronic acid, glycerin and squalane.
Age Group : 30 - 55+Rating:
- Skin firming complex that increases collagen production for smooth skin
- Help prevents wrinkles and Delays Skin Aging
Age Group : 35 - 60+Rating:
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles by 40%
- Increases skin's firmness and elasticity by 55%
- Increases skin hydration up to 96%
Age Group : 25 - 50+Rating:
- Dermal Exfoliation and Skin Resurfacing Repair Serum
- Slits away dull, uneven skin tone, dark spots, scars and hyper pigmented areas without any pain or irritation