We can’t stop the biological clock and remain young forever, even though we all want it. But, we also don’t want to have too many wrinkles on our face, particularly under eyes. The good thing is, everything can be cured and under eye wrinkles aren’t exception. With the right treatment you can decrease their intensity and slow down their appearance. Find out what causes under eye wrinkles and how to cure this occurrence below.
Under Eye Wrinkles – Overview Of The Problem
Under eye wrinkles refer to fine lines, creases, or ridges that are formed around your eyes due to several different reasons. However, the underlying cause of under eye wrinkles is the inability of our body to replace collagen and elastin proteins, which are essential for elasticity of the skin. When elasticity decreases, wrinkles pop up.
Under eye wrinkles aren’t dangerous, don’t cause pain, and can’t harm you, but they do affect person’s self-esteem as they are the first sign of aging.
Causes Of Under Eye Wrinkles
As it was mentioned above, this happens due to inability of our body to replace collagen and elastin. However, impaired elasticity and collagen production can be caused due to several reasons. In order to deal with under eye wrinkles successfully, you have to learn about all factors that cause them. Here they are:
- Aging – this is the first and most common reason why these wrinkles settle around your eyes. This is, actually, a normal part of aging process. As you age, wrinkles show up on face, neck, and other parts of your body. Why? It’s because, the older you get, the more sensitive your skin becomes. Your body isn’t able to produce required amounts of collagen and elastin, which makes your skin thin, creasy, and more prone to injuries and bruises. Due to lack of moisture, skin starts to sag and wrinkles appear. Area around your eyes is characterized by sensitive and thinner layer of skin comparing to other parts of your body, which makes it particularly vulnerable to wrinkles and that is why you notice wrinkles around your eyes sooner than forehead or neck etc.
- Smoking – generates free radicals that destroy healthy cells not only in our inner organs, but our biggest organ too – skin. Free radicals destroy elastin and collagen which leads to dull complexion, dryness, and sagginess. Another reason why smoking causes under eye wrinkles is because as you smoke cigarette, you are more likely to squint when smoke reaches your eyes. Squinting can also contribute to formation of under eye wrinkles.
- Facial movements – as you smile, laugh, or squint your eyelid skin tends to crease and with time wrinkles under your eyes appear. This is because, due to lack of elastin and collagen, skin is unable to get back into its previous position that easily.
- Sun exposure – long-term sun exposure is bad for your skin and it can contribute to formation of under eye wrinkles too. First, sun’s UV rays impair collagen production and decrease skin’s sensitivity. Also, when you’re exposed to sun you tend to squint more.
Other reasons that can contribute to appearance of wrinkles under your eyes are:
- Inadequate skin care
Under Eye Wrinkles and Dark Circles Under Eyes – Are They The Same?
Most people usually identify under eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes as the same thing. However, these two occurrences aren’t the same, even though they affect the same area. Wrinkles are just creases and fine lines that develop under your eyes. On the other hand, dark circles are usually a result of the thin layer of the skin under your eyes showing the blood vessels and the blood they contain. Dark circles under eyes can occur due to number of reasons too, most common ones are fatigue, allergies, skin conditions, irregular sleeping patterns etc.
Is It Possible to Eliminate Under Eye Wrinkles?
With the constant development of skin care industry, it is possible to eliminate and deal with almost anything, and under eye wrinkles can be minimized too. Instead of following Kim Kardashian’s lead and stop smiling in order to prevent wrinkles from popping up, you can do better and use adequate products that will keep your skin hydrated and have a positive effect on collagen production and elasticity of the skin. And yes, although appearance of these wrinkles is a natural part of aging you can still keep this occurrence under your control.
In order to keep appearance of wrinkles under your control, you have to use quality products. Today, you can find anti-aging products everywhere you look and all you have to do is to choose the perfect item for your skin. The first and most important rule of purchasing skincare products is paying attention to manufacturer and ingredients list. Reliable manufacturer will provide the list of all ingredients. For example, Solvaderm skincare company lists all ingredients on the label and while visiting their official website you can see what is the purpose of every ingredient in some product. Moreover, the company employs reputable dermatologists and experts who create formulas using ingredients whose effects were already scientifically proven. If there is no ingredients list, no clinical trials, and almost no reliable info about the product, that should be your sign to skip and find a better one. Products with questionable ingredients can cause side effects and irritations you don’t want. As Solvaderm belongs to the group of world’s best skincare companies, their Eyevage product might be perfect for you.
What is Eyevage?
Eyevage is defined as a clinically-perfected multi-action age defying cream developed to address varied and complicated issues that affect mature skin in area around your eyes. It comes in form of anti-aging serum which penetrates deeply and quickly into your skin’s layers in order to improve micro-circulation in the under eye zone.
Benefits of Eyevage
Eyevage is extremely beneficial for mature skin that is more prone to various skin problems and appearance of wrinkles and dark circles. The greatest benefit of the product is its quick-absorbing nature that doesn’t leave oily residue on the surface of your skin. It perfects appearance and composition of skin around eyes in several different ways. For example:
- It improves micro-circulation in capillaries in order to mobilize accumulated fluid, improve luminosity and brightness
- It lightens dark circles under your eyes
- Due to anti-inflammatory properties it minimizes the appearance of puffiness and bags under eyes
- Moisturizes and plumps up the area around your eyes in order to reduce visibility of skin aging, including fine lines, creases, wrinkles etc.
- Possesses tightening and firming effect that improves elasticity of the skin and prevents skin sagging
- Contains antioxidants which destroy free radicals that accelerate skin aging
- Nourishes eye area that is prone to dehydration in order to make it softer, smoother, and healthier.
Eyevage contains ingredients that were already proven by number of scientific researches as effective in minimizing under eye wrinkles and dark circles under eyes. Some ingredients that can be found in this product include:
- Phytonadione – it is a skin-perfecting form of Vitamin K which aides in healing and repairing of the skin. Also, this compound has the unique ability to fade and lessen the intensity and severity of bruising which make sit perfect for elimination of dark circles under eyes. Moreover, this ingredient boosts elasticity of the skin which decreases the appearance of under eye wrinkles.
- Arnica Montana extract – has anti-inflammatory properties and directly targets tissues in area under your eyes to reduce puffiness and repair skin damage that was caused by environmental factors.
- Oxido reductases – these enzymes have extraordinary antioxidant properties whose primary aim is to preserve skin’s overall health and fight against cellular changes that speed up aging process.
- Jojoba seed oil – provides hydration to your skin and improves its natural ability to retain moisture.
- Apricot kernel oil – packed with nutrients that defend your skin from environmental damage.
- Hyaluronic acid – one of the most sought after ingredients for skincare products. It restores skin’s youthful composition, makes it suppler, improves skin’s texture, prevents sagging, and decreases appearance of fine lines.
Eyevage contains number of other ingredients that lighten dark circles, prevent sagging, and improve the elasticity of the skin while slowing down signs of aging. In turn, the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines is reduced and skin looks healthy and youthful.
How to Use It?
You should apply Eyevage twice a day; in the morning and before bedtime. First, wash your face like you usually do, pat it dry, and apply pea-sized amount of Eyevage around each eye, following eye sockets. That’s it. The process is easy and with regular application your skin will be moisturized, nourished, while appearance of under eye wrinkles will be reduced.
Under eye wrinkles occur due to many factors that impair collagen production and elasticity of the skin. One of the most common factors is natural aging process, but luckily with high quality products you can minimize these fine lines and wrinkles, and slow down their appearance. Always strive to use products that are made of effective ingredients like Eyevage by Solvaderm.