A great part of our everyday life revolves around spending time outdoor. For example, you go to work, walk home, run errands, exercise or simply spending time at the beach during your summer vacation. This means that your skin is constantly exposed to sun’s radiation, regardless of the season or location. Therefore, in order to protect your skin, dermatologists advise using products with SPF together with your sunscreen. The purpose of this article is to show you whether you really need sunscreen and how to make sure your skin is protected from UV rays.
Reasons Why You Should Use Moisturizing Sunscreen Every Day
We usually run to cosmetic or medical stores to purchase a sunscreen or any other product with SPF before our summer vacation. However, these products shouldn’t be restricted to summer only but used throughout the year. Your skin is exposed to UV rays regardless of the season and it’s sunscreen’s job to protect it. Let’s have a look at the several different reasons why you should use moisturizing sunscreen on daily basis:
- Radiation – it was already mentioned, but due to severity of skin damage it can cause, UV rays have to be mentioned again. Ozone layer continuously depletes which means you have higher chances of being affected by harmful rays. Sunscreens block these rays and prevent various skin disorders. Progress of skincare industry made it possible for manufacturers to invent other skin care products with SPF factors that add extra protection too.
- Looking younger – actually, sunscreen isn’t the one that makes you look younger, but due to the fact it blocks UV rays it prevents appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. About 80% of wrinkles on your face are caused by sun’s damage. With the regular application of moisturizing sunscreen, sun’s rays won’t be able to harm your skin. Production of collagen won’t be impaired and skin will retain its elasticity too.
- Lower risk of getting skin cancer – long-term exposure to the sun increases risk of getting various skin disorders, including the worst case scenario – skin cancer.
- No more blotchiness – apply sunscreen or product with SPF on your face to prevent the occurrence of blotchiness and red capillaries which are, also, caused by sun exposure.
Other benefits of sunscreen and SPF-containing items include:
- No sunburns
- Equally effective regardless of the skin type
- Prevents appearance of age spots and hyperpigmentation
- Promotes optimal skin health and restores healthy glow.
What Happens When You Don’t Protect Your Skin Regularly?
The most obvious sign of inadequate skin protection is sunburn. However, sun exposure has more severe consequences too. For example, if you were to look at sunburned skin under a microscope you would notice blood vessels and cells are damaged. Now, when this damage happens continuously, your skin starts to dry out and you notice hyper pigmented dark patches on your face or hands. Moreover, wrinkles and fine lines under eyes start popping up as well. Although your skin seems thicker, it actually becomes weak and more prone to injuries and bruises. Therefore, you look older than you really are, face becomes blotchy and “decorated” with red capillaries and the healthy glow is gone. It is needless to mention that risk of getting skin cancer increased significantly.
Naturally, it’s never too late to protect your skin and all you have to do is to know what products to use. In order to protect the skin adequately, you have to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher regularly. Also, there are a lot of makeup and skincare products that include this SPF factor which provides more protection too.
SPF – How It Really Works?
The first step towards improving overall skin health and protecting from sun is getting informed about SPF factors. The only way to adequately protect your skin from sun’s UV rays is to know more about the products that are designed for that purpose.
SPF or Sun Protection Factor is defined as a measure of how well a certain product will protect skin from UVB rays. Generally, dermatologists suggest using SPF 30 (sometimes even higher) to protect your skin adequately. If your skin is fair and sensitive, then you will benefit from SPF 50 etc. So, how it really works? For example, if your skin normally burns after 10 minutes of exposure to sun’s rays, then applying SPF 30 would allow you to stay in the sun without burning for about 300 minutes.
However, dermatologists advise reapplying sunscreen after 2 hours. Why SPF 30? It’s because this factor blocks about 97% of UVB rays which is great news for your skin.
What Moisturizing Sunscreen to Use?
Unfortunately, the abundance of skincare products in stores and internet isn’t always a good thing. We are easily exposed to low quality products that don’t protect our skin and contain questionable ingredients. Looking up these manufacturers’ online turns out to be mission impossible as their websites either don’t exist or don’t offer reliable information about them or products they make. As much as our skin has to be protected from sun that protection cannot be achieved without high quality products. Therefore, the best thing to do is to purchase a product made by a reputable company that owns a functional website which provides a full insight into their services, ingredients they use, and valuable tips to protect your skin effectively.
Luckily, exceptions always exist and in this case it is Solvaderm. It is one of the best companies in skincare niche. The company itself employs world’s leading dermatologists and scientists who design formulas and conduct clinical trials to prove their effectiveness. The primary aim of Solvaderm is to revolutionize skin science and judging by the positive customer reviews it can be concluded they are on the right path.
Moisturizing sunscreen produced by Solvaderm is called Dermaxsol and it is an affordable, yet highly effective manner of improving quality of skin and protecting it from sun’s radiation.
Moisturizing sunscreens are highly effective and extremely beneficial for your skin. They protect you from sun’s harmful UV rays while nourishing the skin at the same time. It is recommended to use moisturizing sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher before you go out and one of the best products for that purpose is Dermaxsol. In order to assure optimal skin health, using moisturizing sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher should be an important part of your daily beauty routine.
Age Group : 25 - 50+Rating:
- Skin firming and tightening effect
- Gentle foaming and deep cleaning action
- Renews skin
Age Group : 35 - 55+Rating:
- Minimizes fine lines
- Protects and treats skin damage due to sun exposure
- Makes skin youthful and supple, collagen booster
Age Group : 25 - 50+Rating:
- Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 30, For all skin types
- Protection from UVA rays, new lines and wrinkles, sunburns and premature aging