Dermatologists constantly emphasize the importance of strict skin care regimen. It reenergizes and revitalizes our skin, eliminates all impurities, plays a crucial role in preventing appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and has many other benefits. However, in order to get all benefits mentioned in previous sentence, it’s important to choose right products. Purchasing inadequate products doesn’t only prove to be ineffective in revitalizing and rejuvenating your skin, but it also causes irritations and other types of skin damage you really don’t need to deal with. In order to find out more about skin care products and how to choose adequate items for your skin care routine keep reading this article.
How to Find Best Skin Care Products for your Face?
When you go to the drugstore, or even browse skin care products online, you can find hundreds of different items. All these products claim they do wonders in removing wrinkles, treating dry skin etc., but the truth is, most of them don’t live up to customers’ expectations. This is why it’s quite difficult to choose right product for your skin care regime. Here are some ground rules for choosing best skin care products for your face:
- Know Your Skin Type – this is the most important rule and yet a great majority of people don’t really follow it. In order to get the best out of some product, you have to make sure it’s formulated for your skin type. Why? It’s because every skin type is different and products are designed to address the needs of particular type. For example, if you have dry skin and use products formulated for oily skin, then your skin can’t get protection it needs, plus you may develop irritations as well. Here is how you can successfully determine your skin type:
- Splash your face five or six times with lukewarm water and wait for a few minutes
- If after a few minutes your skin feels tight, then you have dry skin.
- If your skin doesn’t feel tight, wait for 20 minutes and press a tissue against your skin. Then, look at the tissue; if you see oily spots, then you have oily skin.
- Take a look into the mirror; if you notice that only T-zone is greasy, then you have combination skin.
- If your skin doesn’t have greasy T-zone and dry cheeks, overally oily skin, and if it doesn’t feel tight, then you have normal skin.
- Stick To Basics – think about your skin care regimen and what you usually use. Ideally, skin care regime should include cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen (or moisturizing sunscreen) as the last step of routine. In order to get the best product, you have to know what you want to look for and how it’s going to fit into your daily regimen.
- Consider Your Priorities – you will get more benefits when you target your priorities and try to solve them. For example, if you want to prevent wrinkles or make existing ones less visible, then you should go for anti-aging product. On the other hand, if you want to eliminate acne, then you have to purchase a product that contains acne-fighting benefits etc. According to the American Academy of Dermatology you should determine your priorities and only take into consideration products that target your needs.
- Read Ingredients List – this part is highly important. If product doesn’t include full list of ingredients on the label, you can move on to the next one. Look for products that provide information about ingredients they contain. This matters because some people have allergic reactions to some ingredients, and if list of ingredients isn’t on the label they can’t know whether that product will be good for them or not. Moreover, it’s always better to purchase product that comes with components whose effectiveness in various skin care aspects is well-documented.
- Active Ingredients – it’s not enough only to write anti-aging properties on the label if there’s no any ingredient that support this claim. Therefore, if you’re looking for a product that will target certain issue you want to solve, make sure it contains active ingredients that will tackle the issue successfully.
- Avoid Fragrances – if you have sensitive skin that is prone to irritations, allergies and other types of damage, then you should opt for products that don’t contain fragrances. According to CNN Health fragrances in skin care products are the most common source of irritations. Some products are labeled as unscented which means they do contain fragrance after all, which is used to cover the smell of other ingredients, instead look for products labeled as fragrance-free.
- Read Reviews – reading reviews is beneficial for determining whether that product would be good for you or not. Some consumer websites contained detailed reviews which list all advantages and disadvantages of the product.
- Ignore The Price – for most people price is equal to quality. High price means high quality and low price means low quality. But, according to the American Academy of Dermatology it isn’t necessarily true and some affordable products can be more effective than expensive ones. Example of high quality products with affordable prices is range of products made by Solvaderm.
Solvaderm brings pharmaceutical approach to skin care science. All products are designed, developed, and formulated by renowned dermatologists and skin care experts. Skin care products from Solvaderm contain active ingredients that are well-known for their effectiveness in combating certain aspects of skin care such as minimizing wrinkles, dark patches, acne etc.
Solvaderm offers a wide range of products and different solutions that meet needs of all aspects of your daily skin care regimen. Examples are below:
Due to sun exposure, pollution and other environmental factors, your skin is prone to damage. It loses its natural healthy glow, becomes dull, and loses its firmness, tone and vitality. With adequate products you can revitalize your skin and restore the healthy glow. For example, Ace-Ferulic skin damage restoration serum is an advanced rejuvenating serum which promotes dermal restoration and provides defense against photoaging. Due to high level of antioxidants, the serum neutralizes free radicals that damage your skin and it also boosts synthesis of collagen. The product supports the claim on the label effectively with ingredients such as asorbic acid which promotes collagen production, hyaluronic acid that is responsible for plump appearance of the skin, ferulic acid which delivers anti-aging effects. When using this product regularly, skin gets even tone, texture, and improved overall appearance.
Although we can’t stop the time and stay young forever, there are various ways to slow down aging process. After all, environmental factors, particularly sun exposure accelerate aging; with sun protection and skin care routine, we can prevent signs of premature aging and make existing lines less visible. Solvaderm’s anti-aging preventative includes exfoliants that improve skin’s texture, humectants that hydrate the skin and antioxidants that protect your skin from damage caused by free radicals. For example, moisturizing sunscreen Dermaxsol provides daily sun protection with powerful SPF30. It hydrates and nourishes the skin while defending it against sunburn. Moreover, the moisturizing sunscreen provides protection from UVA rays that thus preventing photo aging. Due to sheer formula, Dermaxsol is absorbed easily and doesn’t leave the oily residue.
Acne and Blemishes
Adults are prone to acne as well and once breakouts start it becomes quite difficult to get rid of them. Acne and blemishes usually occur due to excessive production of oil and when dead skin cells block pores; which causes inflammation. For this issue, the company developed Zeroblem which is a spot treatment formulated to clear up breakouts quickly by targeting and healing blemishes. It is applied to affected areas where it penetrates deep into the pores in order to remove dirt and other impurities. It has a non-greasy formula and is ideal to treat acne-prone and oily skin.
Hyperpigmentation is caused by excessive production of melanin due to sun exposure. It is characterized by dark spots and patches that appear on your skin, usually on face and hands. Fortunately, you can successfully minimize the look if discolored patches and achieve even skin tone with products that contain skin-brightening ingredients, and making sure you protect your skin from the sun every day regardless of the season. For example, Juvabrite Skin Brigtening Complex is a transformative treatment for all people who want to make hyperpigmented areas less visible in a natural way. The product contains effective skin-lightening ingredients which fade discolorations, blemishes, acne scars, age spots and dark patches on the skin caused by sun exposure, pregnancy, medications etc. Plus, it contains a high level of antioxidant Vitamins that prevent photo-aging.
Choice of skin care products matters as skin care regimen itself. Wrong products don’t offer protection and nourishment your skin needs, and right products can restore youthful-look and protect your skin from damage. The key is to choose products that are formulated to tackle the issue you want to deal with and make sure it contains ingredients that support the claim written on a label.