What is Face Skin Toner
Toner is skin product that comes in a form of lotion or tonic whose purpose is to clean your skin and shrink enlarged pores. It is mostly used for cleaning sensitive skin on person’s face. It is usually applied with the help of a cotton pad, but some toners can be sprayed onto your face or applied in a form of facial mask. Toner should be included into regular skin care regime in order to have a healthy and protected skin, especially face.
Toners for Different Skin Types
Like always, in order to get the best out of some product you should use the one that is recommended for your own skin type. Every type of the skin requires suitable treatment, and using wrong products can cause irritations. Information about what skin toner you should use for your skin type is listed below:
- Oily skin – if you have oily skin or you’re prone to blemishes, then you should avoid toners that contain a high amount of alcohol. Alcohol will irritate the skin, increase the growth of blemishes, and as the result your skin can produce even more oil. For this type of skin, tonics should be used. They contain low percentage of alcohol, but also they are consisted of humectants which will nourish your skin. Even though they contain alcohol, astringents can be used as well, but in order to prevent production of excess oil you should apply this product ONLY to affected areas (spots, or T-zone).
- Dry and sensitive skin – if you have dry skin you have to be careful about toners you choose. Choosing wrong skin toner can dry out the skin. And people with sensitive skin risk irritations if purchase toners with high alcohol percentage. The best solution for these skin types is skin bracers or fresheners. They do not contain alcohol, but at the same time they will clean and soothe your skin. The level of humectants in these toners is high which means the water from the outer layers of the skin will not evaporate, and your skin will stay protected and moisturized.
- Combination skin – is tricky. It is usually indicated by oily T-zone and dry or normal cheeks. You should use best skin skin toner for skin that contain low percentage of alcohol in order to normalize the skin on your face. Skin tonics are good for combination skin, they do not contain too much alcohol, but they’re stronger than traditional toners and softer than an astringent; which makes tonics perfect for combination skin.
- Normal skin – is not prone to any skin condition, damages, or irritations. However, in order to keep it that way you have to take care of properly. Right toners for this type of skin are skin tonics and skin bracers or fresheners.
How Toner Works?
Toner is a versatile product which cleans, tightens and moisturizes the skin. Additionally, this product can balance the pH value of the damaged skin. Toner also removes any makeup residue from your face and regular usage of best skin skin toner can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines under your eyes.
How to use and Choose Toner?
When you are purchasing toner you should always pay attention to ingredients. They will tell you what type of toner that is, and you are be able to choose right one for your skin. If you notice the high percentage of alcohol, you’ll immediately know it is astringent. If there is low amount of alcohol or no alcohol at all, it is traditional toner, and if there is up to 20% of alcohol it is a tonic.
How to skin toner? This is how you should do it:
- First, remove your makeup with a cleanser. Naturally, cleanser should be suitable for your skin type as well.
- Use a soft towel to dry your face by patting it gently, instead of rubbing the towel all over your face.
- Use a cotton pad or facial tissues to apply skin toner or astringent. Start with T-zone first (forehead, nose, and chin) and then do the same with your cheeks.
- Wait for a few minutes and then apply cream or lotion.
- You can repeat the same procedure before applying makeup as well. It is advised to apply makeup onto clean face and skin toner does the trick.
Why you should use Facial Toner?
In case you have not used skin toner before you should definitely include it in your skin care regime. Moreover, here is why:
- skin skin toner – enlarged pores are unappealing, but regular usage of skin toner removes excess oil from your skin, and the pores will appear smaller.
- Balances the skin – skin toner balances the pH level of our skin. Some cleansers or harsh soaps are alkaline that negatively affects our usually acidic skin, and the result is increased production of oil. However, skin toner is there to restore the balance and improve the health of your skin.
- Offers protection – along with hydrating and cleaning our skin, it also prevents dirt and other particles from penetrating into the skin.
- It moisturizes – all toners contain humectants that moisturize your skin.
- Refreshment – by removing dirt, oil or makeup residue, your skin is revitalized.
- Prevents ingrown hairs – toners that contain glycolic or other alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) prevent ingrown hairs which often cause irritation.
Dos and Don’t’s for Toner
- DO use skin toner regularly in order to clean your face. It is advised to do it in the morning and before bed.
- DON’T use expired toners. Expired products can cause irritations.
- DON’T apply creamy skin toner with your fingers. When you apply creamy skin toner with your fingertips, you are transmitting bacteria onto your face.
- DON’T apply skin toner after makeup. Toner either goes before makeup or after removing it. You should never apply your makeup and then use skin toner.
- DO apply astringent on oily areas or blemishes only.
- DO apply skin toner after cleanser in order to hydrate your skin and get a smooth texture.
Age Group : 25 - 50+Rating:
- Clarifying and Hydrating Toner
- Deep cleans and fights blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads
Age Group : 35 - 55+Rating:
- Minimizes fine lines
- Protects and treats skin damage due to sun exposure
- Makes skin youthful and supple, collagen booster
Age Group : 30 - 55+Rating:
- Lightens dark circles under the eyes
- Minimizes visibility of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces puffiness and eye bags